03 April 2014

Am I a Real Photographer Yet?





#7 AUTOSCOPY: Take five photos, one a self portrait, and add filters and effects, using layers.


If you are a real photographer, your answer is probably no, because mine is. Our project this time was just to play with filters... which, as you can see, I had a blast with. My favorites are the lizard, the hibiscus, and the minaret, all for very different reasons.
What I like about the lizard photo is that I kind of made it look like it's an old mosaic that would be in a museum. The colors and the subject of the photo just fit it.
The hibiscus I like because I used transparencies to put multiple filters on it, and I also colorized it and made it very vivid and very saturated to stand out from the rest of the background. Colors are usually very bright and pretty here in Tampa, but I wanted to exaggerate it.
The photo of the minaret was actually a happy accident. In the original photo that I took, the sky was a very pretty blue but there were no clouds so I wanted to add some. I clicked on a filter that looked like it would do that, and this was the result. It did kind of add clouds to the sky, but then also made it look like some alternate universe, which was just too cool to undo.

No comments:

Post a Comment