24 April 2014

Gumby Has Lots of Friends

#11 ANIMATION: Create a roughly 30 second/ 400x300px/ 10fps/ frame x frame animation using Photoshop. Export it as a video.
#12 AUDIO:  Create the soundtrack for your animation using loops and sounds in Garageband.


Stop motion animation has always been something that has fascinated me. Some of my favorite movies were done using stop motion like Fantastic Mr. Fox and the work that they put into it is simply amazing. My animation is nowhere close to the caliber of Wes Anderson's, but I tried and it still took me 3 hours to make, move, and shoot this 27 seconds, so I'm rather proud of it. I don't see a career in stop motion anywhere in my near future though...

Bonus! I had a legitimate excuse to go out and buy Play-Doh: "I, uhh... need it for a class project."

No comments:

Post a Comment