03 April 2014

I Did It!

#9 ART PROJECT: Choose your favorite work of art and combine your face with this painting.


Did you know that I was alive during WWII? And that I was the actual Rosie the Riveter? No? Neither did I until I did this project.
This project was basically the same as the last. Cut yourself out of a photo and put it into a different picture only this time it was only your face and in a famous work of art. This one was also significantly easier than the other. Cutting out my face, when it's only surrounded by more of my face and hair is much easier than cutting out from the grass and trees. This was also a much smaller area to cut.
After cutting it and placing it, I had to match the color by messing with the levels, smooth out the edges by blurring them, and then adding shadows and highlights just like the last one. I probably could have added some grain to my face to help it better match the poster as well, but again, didn't really think about it. I think it still looks good.
What was great was that even the angle that this photo was taken on basically matches up to the angle her face is on.
Easy-peasy, pudding and pie.
That's an old-timey saying, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment