03 April 2014

Doctor who?

#8 SOMEWHERE: Place yourselves in an environment where you have never been.


Can you guess who's a Doctor Who fan? Definitely not me... must be that weird kid in the Doctor suit...
This project was pretty cool. The goal was to put ourselves in the foreground of a background that we had never been in before. My first thought was Hawaii, but I felt that it would be too normal and just like the beaches in Florida. Then I thought Antarctica and penguins. What a fun picture to be playing with penguins! Then this idea hit me. Why not, not only put myself I have never been before, but somewhere I can never actually be? I looked for TARDIS exteriors as well as interiors and settled on this one of the old, abandoned TARDIS in the woods.
I was going to use a different picture for the foreground, but when I remembered that this picture existed, I figured, why not? It works! I just wish "Violet" didn't look so happy to see a broken TARDIS, but maybe that's just because she and the Doctor hadn't seen one in a while...
The hardest part of this was probably cutting us out of the original picture. If we had been on a staged background, such as a blank wall, it would have been no problem, but we were in a park. After that, I had to match us to the background. That meant washing us out a bit, adding highlights on the right side and shadows to the left, adding a shadow on the ground behind us, and then matching the grain of both photos, which I didn't do because I didn't think about it... Because of that, it is probably easier to tell that this photo isn't real, but if anyone thought that this was real anyways, they need to get out of the house more.

S/O To Paul because he doesn't know I did this but will now!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! brings back memories to the movie making days!

    ReplyDelete